Diversity and Inclusion in Adult Education
Creating inclusive environments in class rooms and educational institutions
The diversity of students and participants is a daily reality in educational programs. Yet, there remains a high degree of uncertainty among staff how to handle different cultural backgrounds or other forms of diversity in a sensitive way and to create an inclusive envoronment in the class-room or educational institution. This course will help you to understand the needs and challenges of diverse groups and to deveop sustainable strategies.
ZaZa studio (Fotolia #66892892)
Our course gives teachers, trainers and administrative staff of educationanal institutions a solid introduction to diversity and inclusion. It was specially designed to meet the criteria of Erasmus+. However, also participants without funding through this program are welcome to join.
- Theory of Diversity and Inclusion
- History of diversity management
- Legal aspects (anti discrimination laws etc.)
- From diversity to inclusion
- Benefits of diversity and inclusion
- Sexual Orientation
- Regional preferences defining categories of diversity
- Little differences and their (big) social implications
- Categories of Diversity
- Visit of a mosque in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Multicultural societes in comparison (Germany, United Kingdom, France, Canada)
- Visit of a school in Berlin with a high percentage of immigrant children
- Ethnic background and national culture
- Multiculturalism and Religion
- Blind dinner in a dark restaurant (meal is not included in course fee)
- Visit of a school in Berlin in which children with disability are included
- Lifelong learning: developing training for the generation 50+
- The demographic change and its impact on the labour market
- Age and Disability
- Transfer to Educational Practice
- Diversity and inclusion as part of educational culture
- Teambuilding in diverse teams
- Closing workshop: concepts and methods
This course is ideal for:
- work in education.
- deal with diverse students and participants.
- want to get a thorough introduction to diversity and inclusion.
- Get a thorough introduction to theory and practice of diversity and inclusion.
- Experience best practice D&I work during our excursions in Berlin.
- Develop comprehensive strategies for your work as educators.
With our newsletter, we would like to keep you up to date about our current course program as well as new publications. You can subscribe here